Do you want to work within a brand-new state of the art production facility? Do you want to be an integral part of a new team? Can you work within a fast-paced environment? Do you have a positive ‘Can do’ attitude? Are you an experienced Health and Safety Officer? If you can answer ‘Yes’ to all of these questions, then this may be the right role for you.
This company is part of a large international holding that has been established for over 25 years. They are market leaders in their area of operation and are now experiencing rapid growth due to their expansion into a brand new, state of the art facility in Kettering. They are the only company in the UK that do what they do, and as such, joining them now will be the perfect time to excel in your career. The birth of a brand new, state of the art facility means that they now need to add a Health, Safety & Environmental Officer to their thriving team.
- Initiate and oversee a Health and Safety leadership change programme across the organisation with the support staff.
- Carry out and compile detailed risk assessments for:
– Loading/Unloading areas
– Quality Control
– Main sortation area including all machines and balers
- Set a clear direction for effective health and safety management, through policies, assessments, and guidance.
- Develop all aspects of the facilities Health and Safety activity and ensure that it is implemented consistently across the entire operation.
- Develop, monitor, evaluate and review new and upcoming health and safety legislation and ensure that the systems and procedures in place meet legal compliance and other requirements.
- Work proactively with managers and other key staff to establish and maintain a programme of continuous improvement in the management of health and safety.
- Work closely with the Site Operations Manager and Facilities Manager to ensure compliance requirements are being controlled, documented, and maintained in accordance with regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure that rigorous risk assessment and incident management systems are in place and followed across the organisation.
- Oversee and undertake audits where appropriate and ensure an action plan with SMART objectives is established to address issues identified.
- Ensure the company maintain the delivery of current health and safety procedures during the implementation of new management system.
To successfully design, deliver and maintain a health and safety change programme to embed and drive a positive safety culture across the organisation as well as ensuring the timely delivery of associated underpinning health and safety management action plans.
- Experience in completing health and safety management audits.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring to develop health and safety knowledge and expertise.
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of all aspects of health, safety, and risk management.
- Ability to prioritise work to ensure tasks are completed within time constraints.
- Ability to organise workload.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with a wide variety of contacts.
- Someone who has worked as a Health and Safety Officer, Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Supervisor and Health and Safety Practitioner.
Health and Safety Manager
£39 – £45k, Free Parking, State of the Art Facility.