Synergy Personnel are looking to recruit a Maintenance Fitter for our client based in Broughton Astley. The successful candidate will be responsible for the daily preventative maintenance and repair of heavy plant equipment to ensure efficient, continuous operation of the site.
You will a hands-on role, working closely with the Shift Supervisor production teams and contractors to ensuring the day-to-day maintenance and repairs are completed effectively and safely, alongside continual improvements to the production plant. You will be expected to develop a detailed understanding of the facility to continuously improve maintenance systems and ensure they work properly and comply with Health, Safety, Environment and Quality regulations.
- Responsible to personally carry out daily, weekly and monthly preventative planned maintenance (PPM) activities, in line with the manual and manufacturer’s instructions and ensure that they are recorded in the site logs.
- Responsible for the housekeeping within workshop area, and tracking/replenishing consumables.
- Responsible for the spares and sourcing suppliers to ensure spares are readily obtainable, with the longer lead-time critical spares held in stock, resulting in minimal plant downtime.
- Hands on guidance and training, to assist the teams with both preventative and reactive maintenance requirements associated with the plant and equipment at Avonmouth.
- Responsible for the continual operation of the plant, fault finding and breakdowns repairs.
- Take a proactive approach to providing improvements resulting in minimising downtime and optimising production.
- Flexible to cover staff shortages and call outs to deal with breakdowns.
- Complete all other reasonable requests.
Essential Skills / Experience
- Experience within a heavy industry (aggregates, concrete, mining, or waste) maintenance environment with the ability to fault find and repair mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic issues.
- Preferably CGLI, NVQ, BTEC or HND qualified.
- Knowledge and experience in but not limited to: –
- Conveyor belt systems – changing bearings and rollers, fitting skirts.
- Hydraulics – servicing hydraulic packs, replacing ram seals, valve, and hose servicing / repair
- Pneumatics – Airline replacement, compressor servicing, valve replacement.
- Ability to carry out basic welding and fabrication repairs and improvements as required.
- Ability to fault find and repair low voltage electrical equipment.
- Strong team worker with the ability to train and motivate others in the understanding of plant and machinery maintenance.
- Willingness to be innovative, work under their own initiative, with strong organisational skills, being able to plan, prioritise and organise various tasks at the same time.
- Must have a flexible approach to work and be contactable out of hours.
Hours – 40 hours per week
Day shift Monday – Friday occasional Saturdays mornings paid overtime to not disrupt the site.